Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Miss The Little Piggies!

As you know if you checked my profile I live in Ireland. There is some great sight seeing here. But that is it... Wait!! No!! There is something else...
IRISH PEOPLE!!!
I have been here for 13 years now and I have to say that I am now a Frenchman with an Irish spirit. This mean that I eat, speak and act like an Irish but I use my brain like a Frenchman. So this week end was the Heineken cup. What is the Heineken cup? This is a rugby competition between the best teams in Europe. So lots of rugby to watch and no time to watch the news.
Mistake...
Enormous mistake...
Magisterial mistake...
On Sunday I went to the supermarket to get all I need to cook myself a traditional Irish breakfast. Ingredients needed:
  • Pork sausages
  • Bacon
  • Black pudding
  • White pudding
  • Eggs
  • Mushrooms
So got my butt in Dunnes Store and...
No piggies!!!
No bacon!
No sausages!
No nothing!!!
The pork is gone from the shelves!!
What the hell??
So I go and get a newspaper and check what is going on...
As it happens all pork products have been recalled by the Irish government. Apparently, the feed that was given to the piggies contains a small amount of toxic products which aren't dangerous for humans if the dosage is minimal. But we are talking about Irish pig farmers here!!
When they fuck up they really fuck up!! Oh yeah!! After testing a few piggies they found out that the level of toxin was...
Wait for it...
Please seat down...
Gulp the coffee...
Make sure your mouth is empty...
80 to 200 times the normal level!!!
Yes... 80 to 200 times!!
Nice one!
Well done Einstein!!
So now, no more pork... Ham for Christmas? Seat on it.
And guess what...
They have now discovered the same thing with beef!!
Luckily, because of all the troubles they had with beef before, aka foot and mouth disease, they can actually trace from what farm the toxic beef is coming and they don't have to recall all the beef products.
It's hard to believe that we are in the 21st century here.
As I usually say to people, I left France in 1995 and arrived in Ireland in 1985!!
Jaysus!

No comments:

Post a Comment